- With Doucet out, Flynn hobbling, and Perrilloux not throwing the ball, I have very little faith in our pass game.
- I have a lot of faith in our running game, particularly the between-the-tackles running of Hester, Scott, and Williams. I think that we're going to ride the running game as far as it will take us.
- Florida has a quick but undersized defensive line. The way you go after a line like that is to run straight at it. See the point above.
- I don't believe the rumors that Tebow's hurt, nor do I believe Meyer will hold Tony Joiner out.
- We may ride the running game, but we are going to have to be able to throw the ball effectively at least a little bit. Otherwise, Florida will just stack the box and sell out against the run on first and second down. That means our young and inexperienced receivers as well as our sometimes-struggling offensive linemen (at least, they sometimes struggle in pass protection) are going to have to come of age and play well.
- I've been thinking about how to blitz Tim Tebow. Given: Tim Tebow likes to run the ball up the middle rather than to the outside. Query: do you blitz up the middle? Or do you blitz tot he outside and leave your linebackers and safeties up the middle to tackle him if he gets through the defensive line? Probably a combination to keep him off guard.
- Everyone keeps saying that Andre Woodson is a Heisman candidate (though maybe not after last night). Is anyone seeing what Tebow is doing? They're claiming Auburn stopped him, but he still managed 275 yards of total offense. And that was a bad game.
Friday, October 5, 2007
I wake up one day and the Cubs and Rockies are in the playoffs
Here are some basic, bullet-pointed observations about the LSU/Florida game tomorrow: