Monday, January 7, 2008

w00t!

LSU wins a fairly boring game. Strangely, it really was our ability to strike from all positions, and Ohio State's inability to do so, that won this game for us.
They don't have a particularly versatile offense, which I think bodes poorly for them.
Right here. In a year where I was wrong on things as often as I was right, I'm proud to have hit the nail on the head with this one.

I'm glad for Les Miles, who had to put up with everyone in the world saying Ohio State had the advantage in coaching. Whose team didn't panic when it fell behind? Whose team lost its composure when things went wrong? Whose team avoided penalties? I'd say the answer to those questions may put the lie to the Miles hate.

I'm also happy for Carnell Stewart, whose name was not called once on the telecast. He's endured a lot of criticism, much of it well-earned though also a bit exaggerated, and played his best game on the biggest stage.

This is a big win for the program, which will benefit from the exposure and the love from the media. I bet the town of Gonzales, hometown of me and Glenn Dorsey, and the home of the annual Jambalaya Festival and Confidence Man Convention, will regret no longer getting mentioned on national television every week.

We really are living in the golden age of LSU football. Success will continue to breed success for the foreseeable future. It looks like we'll be a favorite to win the West again next year, and probably the year after that.

And now, I'm off to bed. It's been a great season for LSU and for GeauxTuscaloosa. See you when preparation for 2008 begins, which should be in the next day or two.

No comments: