Saturday, March 10, 2007

NIT Bound

I still don't know how such a talented team could have struggled so much this season. It is what it is, however, and thanks to losing to Ole Miss, the basketball team is now NIT bound. I watched last night's game on fast-forward via the magic of Tivo this morning. (If my baby is asleep at 9:00, I'm going to sleep too). My only analysis is that we shot terribly, with most of our shots falling short. That means the team didn't have the legs from playing an extended game the night before.

Maybe that travesty of a charging call really ended up mattering after all.

I actually like the NIT. Of course, it's a consolation prize, but at least it excludes the truly terrible teams. With a little rest, maybe this team will FINALLY get it together and put up a run in the NIT and, to use a phrase I think I've used before, "salvage something positive out of this season."

Anyway, I'm going to leave it at that for now. I just don't have much to say about the basketball team, and I don't want to get into other topics at the moment.

No comments: