- It can't be the Yankees, the Braves, or the Rangers,
- It has to be well-run. It doesn't have to be competitive every year, but there must be some hope of being competitive on a regular basis,
- It must not be a recent expansion team,
- It must not be doomed to constantly lose its best players to free agency,
- It must not constantly buy up the best free agents from poorer teams.
I think this year I will root for the Brewers. They're expected to be reasonably competitive, and they have a player on their team that I watched when I used to work in Dixie Youth baseball. Ben Sheets was in that league at that time, and incidentally, he wasn't one of the best players in that league. He was a late bloomer who just got better and better after the other people his age peaked in high school.
Anyway, this being Whimsical Wednesday, here's a YouTube of penguins chasing a butterfly.