Monday, April 9, 2007

New Commitments

I'm sorry for no updates this weekend. I was gone all weekend and did not have much online access. By now, the news that brothers Brandon and Jhyryn Taylor have committed to join the 2008 recruiting class is old news. Brandon is projected to be a defensive back or a running back, and Jhyryn (I'm taking suggestions on the pronunciation here) is projected to be a wide receiver or defensive back.

The most interesting part of this story is that these two guys have a brother on the team now: projected starting safety Curtis Taylor. If the two younger Taylors both make it to campus, and assuming Curtis blow up and turn pro, we will have three brothers on scholarship at one time for LSU. If this has ever happened before, I don't know about it. This will put the Taylor brothers on the short list of great LSU football families.

Now that I think about it, there aren't a whole lot of really great families of LSU players. There are the Steltzes, the Hilliard cousins, the Davis/Williams cousins (Dominick and John). That's all I can really remember right now. No sets of three.

Even more interestingly, the Taylors have another brother who is a sophomore in high school right now. It remains to be seen if he will be recruited by LSU, but I'm guessing he's a pretty good athlete too.

No comments: