Thursday, April 12, 2007

Whimsical Wednesday.. uh, Thursday

OK, so I made the mistake of adding my small bit to the media echo chamber revolving around on-Day Imus-may. I apologize for that.

The big news of the day yesterday was that two LSU football players (OT Zhamal Thomas and DB Troy Giddens) were arrested on burglary and identity theft charges. I won't comment on it further until more of the story comes out. I don't like when people jump to conclusions based on almost no information.

As penance for the Imus thing, here is a number of live performances by truly great bands in the primes of their careers:

REM - Driver 8 from 1985



The Pixies - Where is My Mind from 1988



Violent Femmes - Blister in the Sun from 1983



Pavement - Silence Kid from 1994



Matthew Sweet - Sick of Myself from 1995



As a special bonus, here is the original animated video for Matthew Sweet's "Girlfriend", his first (and to date biggest) hit song.

No comments: